If you are interested in a position listed below, please email your resume and cover letter to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Process Systems Associate
The BioProcess Institute, located in North Kingstown, RI, is looking for a skilled Process Systems Associate to assume a variety of testing, engineering and support tasks. The person in this position will play an integral part in ensuring that this Engineering and Testing company’s operations run smoothly in order to help its clients deliver better and safer therapeutics.
The position, above all, requires an organized, competent, and flexible professional with exceptional engineering, experimentation and communication skills. He or she must be comfortable dealing with people, able to carry out assignments with accuracy and efficiency, able to understand complex technical topics, and willing to support technical staff, when needed.
- Hands-on performance of process engineering experiments–Conduct experiments to simulate BioProcesses and evaluate BioProcess components’ performance. Processes include pressurized systems such as steam, hydraulic, pneumatic, and chemical.
- Process Equipment Set-up—Hands-on precision assembly of mechanical and instrumentation systems to detailed specifications in order to deliver proper process performance.
- Process Equipment Operation–Hands-on operation of computer controlled and manual systems. Verification of proper system function including basic piping and instrumentation troubleshooting, including hand calibrations and basic loop wiring verification.
- Precision physical measurements with calibrated instruments and tools.
- Monitoring of data and observations, including photography, video and microscopes, and recording results.
- Data summary and review, including summary of experimental data, through the use of tables and graphs in Excel.
- Generation of experimental conclusions for review with internal staff, and sometimes external stakeholders.
- Assisting with the generation and review of formal experimental reports.
- Equipment and Facility Maintenance-Ensure the equipment is in working order for experiments, including the use of:
- Daily Logs
- Routine Maintenance
- Instrument Calibration
- Service Coordination
- Education: a high school degree or GED is required, but a college degree, military experience or technical trade school is preferred.
- Experience with Process Systems-Candidates must have experience with steam, hydraulic and process instrumentation. BioProcess and chemical experience is preferred.
- Hands-on Mechanical Ability-Candidates must have hands-on mechanical experience and proficiency with tools. Some light lifting may be required.
- Instrumentation Experience-Candidates must have instrumentation experience, and proficiency with low voltage instrumentation loops.
- Microsoft Office Proficiency-Candidates must be able to enter data into Excel, and perform routine data summary operations, and transfer the graphics into Word and PowerPoint.
- This will begin as a part time position with flexible hours, starting at half days or 2-3 days per week on average. This position is part time during the school semester (15 hours/week) and full time during breaks (40 hours/week).
- This is a key position in a small operation with an opportunity to help the business grow. As it grows, this position’s role can evolve accordingly, and provide opportunity.
- This position will provide an opportunity to learn and become proficient with BioProcess Technology. You will work with an industry expert, and get exposure with many of the top companies in and providing components to the BioPharmaceutical Industry.
- Experience with this position will provide you with skills to help qualify you for positions in the desirable BioPharmaceutical Field.